THE COMMUNITY STORE
Article from 1940
The Community Store, Carney's Point's largest grocery and general store, 164
Division Street, is owned and actively managed by Anthony Travaglini.
During the World War, the building which houses the store, was known as the
"Community Hall" and was a social center for war time DuPont workers. From 1920
to 1932 a company of local residents operated the grocery business.
In addition to the store, Mr. Travaglini has the concession for the Dye Works
lunchrooms and cafeterias. Throughout his long residence in Penns Grove, Mr.
Travaglini has been active in church, civic and fraternal affairs.
Debi Woldoff at opening of store in 1955
|Interior of store in 1986