Marshall Tire and Battery Service South Virginia Avenue
Maskell Ewing Justice Street near Main, Blacksmith (1920)
McClurd Pontiac, Inc. 91 North Virginia Avenue Car Dealer Ralph & Ernest McClurd; South Virginia Avenue (1965)
Meadow Brook Farms Route 130 (area near Deepwater Diner location) Mobil gas
Michael J. Crowley Shell Road at Fenwick Drive service station and restaurant
Miller's Sinclair Station Shell Road and Cleveland Avenue
Morgan’s Inc. Route #4 and Virginia Avenue, garage
The Muffler Mart 77 East Main Street open on July 15, 1976 by Ray Newlin. Installation of exhaust systems, shocks, brakes, seat covers, vinyl
and convertible tops and auto carpeting.
Newt’s Gas Station East Main Street and Virginia Avenue Mobilgas, Newt Musson.
Nick’s Automatic Transmission 299-3985 Broad and Walnut Streets (1970)
Nick’s Sunoco Service River Road (Pedricktown)
Nick’s Used Auto Parts Central Schoolhouse Road (1980)
Noone Chevrolet 77-83 East Main Street, Joseph J. Noone and Thomas A. Noone, started March 12, 1928 on West Main Street. Their new
building at 77 East Main Street officially open on January 19, 1929. In May 1969 the business was purchased by Steve Ferrara and the name
Packard-Willys North Virginia Avenue and Lake Street, new & used cars, W.W. Summerill (1954)
Penn Jersey Auto Stores 95 East Main Street opened in February 1961 by Leon Kirch who was later joined by his son, Ira. Sales of auto
parts, tires, bike supplies, hardware and paint.
Penns Grove Auto Glass 296 North Virginia Avenue, 299-1632, John Constantino (1965)
Penns Grove Esso Service South Virginia & Trumbell Avenues, Jim Montagna
Peter Schroeder 243 Shell Road Automobile repair
Pettit & Rodgers East Harmony Street Blacksmith, wheelwright. horseshoeing and Auto repair (1922)
Picken’s Auto Supply (Pedricktown) Auto parts, accessories, tires, batteries, farm machinery belts 299-3430
Picken’s Auto Service (Pedricktown) Sam Picken; established in 1947
Pointe Pontiac, Buick, GMC Larry Davis (previously this business was Eakins-Groff)
Pomponi's East Main Street & Virginia Avenue garage and Gulf Gas Station
Quality Auto 85 North Virginia Avenue, John & Carol Rappa used cars (1996)
R & B Tire Company Started as a part-time business in 1967 in Deepwater by Richard Bowers, Sr. who was soon joined by his son, Richard
Bowers, Jr. In 1971 the business became full time and moved to 149 South Virginia Avenue.It was later moved to 324 Shell Road.
Reliable Tire Exchange 80 East Main Street; Walter Zaluske (1928,1941, 1959)
Robert’s Brother’s East Main Street & Virginia Avenue, garage Mobilgas opened March 1938; Willard and Thomas Roberts
Roxy's Esso Service East Main Street and Virginia Avenue Rocco Logiovino
S. Cunningham & Son 9-15 West Main Street Buick Opel Pontiac Dealer opened by Simon Cunningham. James S., William W. and Emerson
B. Cunningham Since 1861 (originally a livery and wagon shop) AX9-2900 (1965) (Simon Cunningham & Son)
S.L. Boone 144 West Main Street, auto accessories
Samuel T. Bailey 63 East Main Street gas station
Schoenfeld’s Auto Repair Route #130 and New Plant Road
Shell Road Garage Shell Road at Harrison car dealer – Packard Automobile repair Wm. W. Summerill; H.D. Simpson (1949)
Silva's Automotive Service 271 North Virginia Avenue . Oldsmobile dealer Acacioda S. Coehlo, Julian S. Coelho, Mary E. Coelho
Skip’s Auto Repair Harding Highway general repairs,machine shop, wheel alignments
Southard Ford, Inc. East Main Street and Virginia Avenue car dealer
Steve Ferrara’s Body Shop 239 North Virginia Avenue
Steve Ferrara Chevrolet, Inc. (See Ferrara Chevrolet, Inc.)
Stile’s Esso Service Station North Broad Street and Virginia Avenue
Sullivan Motor Co. Shell Road car dealer (1941)
Sun View Garage 214 South Broad Street Richard Robertson,Proprietor, automobile greasing, washing and lubrication ; Sunoco Harry J.
Texaco Service Station Shell Road H.A. Day (1949)
Titus’ Garage (1914), H.A. Day & Bro proprietors (1922)
Tom’s Service Station Harding Highway
Troy Spencer, Inc. 263 Shell Road Opened in 1965 by Troy Spencer as a used car lot. In May 1969, The S. Cunningham & Son business on
West Main Street was purchased and Troy Spencer, Inc. had two locations. By 1978 the business was being managed by Troy's sons and car
sales were being conducted on Shell Road while repairs and service were conducted at the West Main address.
Turnpike Mobile A.M. LaPalomento (1970); Amos Wilson
U-Save Auto Rentals North Virginia Avenue
Union Corner Garage 37 East Main Street, W.W. Homan (1925)
Vern's BP Service Station Shell Road (1972)
Vertner Motors Shell Road, Packard and Nash agency was established in 1938 by William T. Birkhead
Walnut Street Garage (June 1916) Management by Fogg and Banks.
W.E. Vaughn 93 South Broad Street service station
William Musson Virginia Avenue and East Main Street gas station
Youngs Body Shop First established in 1950 on Shell Road by Henry Young. In 1953 the business was moved to 91 West Main Street in order
to expand. In 1967 the business was sold to Jim Williams and nine years later changed hands again when purchased by Ed Davis.
Zane’s Sinclair Service Station 149 South Virginia Avenue
M to Z