|Church of Our Merciful Savior, Carneys Point, NJ
During the time of the First World War, the Episcopalians of the community, under the leadership of the Rev.
Charles Barton DuBell, erected a tent in what had been a cornfield, procured a reed organ, chairs, and a
make-shift altar, and on July 11, 1915, opened services, thus founding the Church of our Merciful Saviour.
Services that winter were held in a schoolhouse until the parish house was built on the present Church
grounds early in 1916, and the services held there.
The corner-stone of the Church was laid June 26, 1917, and the Church consecrated Dec. 19, 1920.