Perkintown Methodist Episcopal Society
In 1792, Benjamin Abbott  was invited to preach at the home of John Strimple in Perkintown. Soon after a
society was formed and within a few years a frame building was erected for worship. On March 17, 1832, the  
Methodist Episcopal Church of Upper Penns Neck was incorporated. That same year a brick building was
erected  for worship and the church was the center for Methodism in Upper Penns Neck Township for the
next twenty years. In 1842 Ebenezer Methodist Episcopal was established followed by Emmanuel Methodist
Episcopal in 1845. The building of Hudson Methodist Episcopal in 1860 further depleted membership in
Perkintown Methodist Episcopal and it was soon abandoned. The building was sold to the school district in
1878.