|St Paul's Methodist Church, Penns Grove, NJ
In July 1878 a group organized a Sunday school and began
meeting to organize a church. In April a plot of land was
purchased at the corner of Franklin and West Harmony Streets.
Construction began in 1884 with a service to lay the
cornerstone held in October. A Service of Dedication was held
on Feb 19,1885. Over the years changes and additions were
made to this building.
In 1941 the first steps were undertaken for the eventual
erection of an educational wing. These plans were interrupted
by World War II and the building was not completed until 1957.
In 1958 construction was started on a new parsonage and by
Spring 1959 it was ready for occupancy.
April 1,1962 saw the last service being held in the original
building. Shortly afterwards this building was demolished and a
new sanctuary was constructed. The new edifice was
completed by September 1963 and dedicated on Feb 20, 1972
after all debts had been settled.